Peugeot has just revealed details on its new 308.
This version equipped with the very frugal 112hp 1.6l e-HDi, a diesel fitted with micro-hydrid technologies (START&STOP). This engine already powers the 508
but this time it is available with a manual gearbox and lower emissions.
This updated 308 is in average, 25kg lighter than the previous model.
For the style the 308, SW and CC will all evolve towards “a more technological elegance” thanks to LED lighting.
There is four petrol engine available, they all answer the Euro 5 requirements :
- 1.4 l VTi 98 hp (from 144g of CO²) with 5 speed manual gearbox
- 1.6 l VTi 120 hp (from 147g of CO²) with 5 speed manual or automatic gearbox
- 1.6 l THP 156 hp (from 155g of CO²) with 6 speed manual or automatic gearbox
- 1.6 l THP 200 hp with 6 speed manual gearbox (only available in GTI version)
And four diesel engines (also Euro 5) :
- 1.6 l HDi FAP 92 hp (from 110g of CO²) with 5 speed manual gearbox
- 1.6 l e-HDi FAP 112 ch (from 104g of CO²) with 6 speed manual or semi-automatic gearbox
- 2.0 l HDi FAP 150 hp (from 129g of CO²) with 6 speed manual gearbox
- 2.0 l HDi FAP 163 hp (from 164g of CO²) with 6 speed manual or automatic gearbox (only on the 308 CC).
The 98g version of the e-HDi will only be available by the summer, at its launch the e-HDi version will emit 104g of CO² per km.
The prices start at 17350€ for the 1.4l VTI version (144g of Co²) and for the 1.6l e-HDi (104g of CO²) version it is from 24300€.