This conference which is now a European reference has been held since 2009, this year men and women who are among the best designers in the world will meet to be judged by their peers on a project.
They will have to create a micro urban electric vehicle, we are delighted to partner with this challenge and we will present a selection of candidates.
The requirements in short:
- Ground-based vehicle – no flying saucers please
- Three or four wheels – since this is a microcar, perhaps you’d like to think trike a like?
- Small footprint – easy to move around and easy to park is essential in big city
- Single seated or tandem (1+1 or 2 seats) – 90% of commuters ride alone, but people like to have possibility to give someone a ride
- Enclosed cabin – nobody won’t to get wet or cold, but that doesn’t mean open vehicles are not welcome, a long as they have roof, soft or hard
- Small boot capacity – what do you carry around city? Laptop, sport bag, shopping bangs…
- Electric vehicle – they’re just must have these days
- Excellent style – beside the fact this is design challenge, there is no excuse for bad design
And if you needed an extra push, let me introduce you to the jury: Gordon Murray, SebastianStassin (Kiska) and Frank Stephenson (McLaren)
Registration is now open until April 15th.